Through the power of numbers, we will combine our donations to make an immediate impact on our local community – and have fun doing it!
What You Need To Know
- Our first meeting will be held the week of Wednesday, August 14th from 5:30-7:00 at True North Companies.
- Fund-raising is accomplished in 90 minutes!
- Come prepared with your idea for a worthy cause to receive the $10,000+ donation and bring a blank check.
- You can email anyone on the board if you have someone interested in joining. You can also bring new members to the meeting (new members will be introduced at each meeting).
- Yes, drinks will be provided.
How It Works – The Details
- Each member must commit to donating $100 per meeting ($400 per year)
- The donations will be given to a charity/non-profit/worthy cause serving the Cedar Rapids Metro Area. No national charities will be considered. The purpose for the contribution is to stay 100% in the community.
- Meetings will be 90 minutes: 45 minutes social/45 minutes business.
- From 5:30-6:15 p.m. any member wanting to present can submit their name and charity for the drawing.
- The business portion of the meeting will begin promptly at 6:15 p.m. Brief remarks may be given by the immediate previous recipient of the funds.